Wednesday, November 3, 2010

People never cease to amaze me...

The past couple weeks have not been great for me.  My jaw pain is better but my back now hurts.  My grandmother has been in and out of the hospital and nursing home.  My parents are stressed about my grandmother.  My daughter is being a pain in school.  My husband wants more of my time and I am so tired, depressed and disconnected that I can't even function much less be a good wife.

Work is the one thing that seems to be going well for me.  Last year was a nightmare for me and I contemplated quitting and not going back.  I had 2 jobs rescinded over the summer because of the special ed director's reference and the thought of dealing with her makes my skin crawl...but I must do what I must.  Thankfully things worked out this year and I was reassigned and am much happier.  The kids are great and I am co-teaching with a great guy.  I am still under the supervision of the special ed director but I don't have to deal with her in any real sense of the word, so I made up my mind at the beginning of the year that I am going to be the model employee and I have been doing just that!!!  I have been doing everything that I am supposed to, doing a multitude of things that need to be done but aren't in my job description, volunteering to lead committees, stay after school and other such tasks without pay to boot.  I really want to be able to change my reputation and create a new group of colleagial references so that eventually I will be able to get my own classroom.  Things are really on a roll.

Apparently someone saw me doing something that I shouldn't do and reported it to administration.  So at the last minute I got called in for a meeting with the special ed director and principal and got called on the carpet.  Because of my experience in the past, I was nervous as heck so I called in the big guns (union rep).  It turned out to be something minor (that was blown out of proportion) so it worked out ok but the panic and emotions were overwhelming.  I was left with the nagging question, why didn't that person that observed the situation just come to me and address it?  I will never understand why people go to administration to report an isolated incident rather than addressing it with the "perpetrator"? 

At any rate, I will put this behind me and move forward with my original plan and be the best darned employee that I can be. 

2 comments:

  1. Goals are always a great way to make changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this is a very tough time for you. I'm sending you my very best and strongest positive vibe. Do you feel it?
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete